I can’t believe it has been 3 years since my kidney transplant! Three years ago, one of the most important events in my life occurred – one that saved my life.
I always am grateful to my donor but I like to give out a special thanks on our anniversary
During 2020 – that miserable year LOL – we have been fortunate to be healthy and safe as we quarantined. My medications haven’t changed this year and my kidney function has remained stable. Blood sugar is borderline but I have to be more aggressive about my workout regimen. Lose a little weight – I started before the pandemic but those quarantine baking sessions took their toll!
My son has finished the first semester of college and my daughter has started high school online. That is less than optimal as she has special needs but hopefully next year she will be able to attend in person.
My husband is quarantining with me and working from home. He can’t wait until we can travel again. We look forward to seeing J in Miami one day. I mean next year, Alabama and Miami pay each other in football! It’s a mini-civil war in the Brooks household!
For Goals for 2021:
- Improve my fitness plan and lose 10 lbs
- Continue to improve my Etsy Store – did I tell you I have an Etsy Store now? https://www.etsy.com/shop/LTRPrintables
- Continue to publish my blogs and better monetize them
- Do a better job posting on Wanted: A Kidney for Nikki
- I sent my first novel to be edited so I want to have it published in 2021
- Start novel number 2
- Launch a few mini-courses (self-help) through my websites
- Spend time with my family and hopefully travel again
- Protect my kidney!
I hope you all have been having a safe and healthy year. Again, if you know of someone looking for a donor or if you are looking for a donor, send me some info and I will post it on my page/blog!
Have a Happy Holiday and a Happy New Year!